Utilities & Billing

Applying for Utilities

The City of Cameron provides electric, water, sewer, trash, and recycling services to its citizens. Before utilities can be turned on, a deposit must be paid, a Residential Utility Application or Commercial Utility Application filled out, and if applicable, a copy of your lease agreement submitted. Every person applying for utilities must present proof of identification such as a driver’s license.

Billing & Payments

Utility bills are mailed and should be received by customers on the first day of each month. Contact City Hall immediately if you do not receive your bill as scheduled. Utility bills are due by the 15th of each month. After that, a 10% penalty is assessed on remaining balances.

Bills must be paid or payment arrangements made by the fourth Tuesday of each month, which is the disconnect day for outstanding accounts. Any account which is not paid by 9 a.m. on the disconnect day will be assessed a $25 reconnect fee.

City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and has a convenient drive-through window located on the north side of the building. Also for our customers' convenience, a night-drop box is located on the north side of City hall just past the drive-through window for those customers unable to do their business during normal business hours. The City accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and debit card payments either in person or over the phone. Contact City Hall at 816-632-2177 or submit a Utility ACH Payment Application if you are interested in setting up an automatic payment through your bank, credit, or debit card. The City also offers a level-payment option for customers who have at least a 12 month history as a utility customer. If you are interested in this option, fill out and return the Level Payment Plan Application to City Hall for consideration.

Yard-Watering Meters

For the summer months, the City has available yard-watering meters for those customers who do a lot of outdoor watering or pool filling. The meters must be purchased and then belong to the customer. All outdoor watering is done using the meter, then annually, the City will reverse the sewer charges associated with the water consumption on the yard-watering meter.